Buckingham Palace has released a statement sharing that Queen Elizabeth’s health is causing “concern” for her doctors.
“Following further evaluation this morning, The Queen’s doctors are concerned for Her Majesty’s health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision,” the statement read. “The Queen remains comfortable and at Balmoral.”
A royal source has shared that the 96-year-old monarch’s immediate family has been informed. “Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have traveled to Balmoral,” Buckingham Palace said.
Buckingham Palace has shared that Prince William is currently making his way to Balmoral from his home in Windsor. A spokesperson for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex confirmed that they were also heading to Scotland, where the Queen is receiving medical care at Balmoral Castle.
The news of Queen Elizabeth’s health follows an announcement Wednesday that the Queen would not preside over a scheduled Privy Council meeting. “After a full day yesterday, Her Majesty has this afternoon accepted doctors’ advice to rest,” the palace said in Wednesday’s statement. “This means that the Privy Council meeting that had been due to take place this evening will be rearranged.”